The White Rose Alliance offers:
- A proven track record of bringing teachers into the profession through high quality Initial Teacher Training
- A well established School Direct programme (first cohort commenced September 2014)
- Expertise and enthusiasm across the alliance in the professional development of all education staff
- An alliance consisting of a wide range of 11-18 school contexts, urban - community - independent
- All trainees receive specific focus experience days across several partner schools linking with our comprehensive Professional Studies programme
- Wider school networks enabling access to broad continuing development programme
- A unique opportunity to visit & experience the work of a Pupil Referral Service (Hambleton & Richmondshire in Northallerton).
- Pivotal trained behaviour expert based at our lead school (King James´s School)
- Optional mock job interviews with SLT members which are available to all trainees
- All partner schools are 11-16 (many 11-18)
- The benefit of working with experienced and highly qualified university staff
- Masters level PGCE and Qualified Teacher Status accredited by one of our partner universities
- A comprehensive induction programme enabling trainees to make a confident start to the programme
- Online resources to complement those offered by each university
- Experienced mentors and tutors who will provide personalised support across the placements
- Regular opportunities to develop as a cohort & share experiences during both placements, as not only White Rose Alliance trainees but university course & subject specific trainees too.
- An Alliance-wide supportive environment which enables trainees to develop their skills with Alliance, partner school & university partner staff always available to provide advice, guidance & support throughout.
WHITE ROSE ALLIANCE AIMS